Working with the City of San Jose and listening closely to community comments and concerns, Kimco Realty (previously Weingarten) dramatically re-envisioned the future of Cambrian Park Plaza Shopping Center. Guided by new, modern City design goals and a concept plan generated by neighbors that evolved over time, together we created an innovative new Signature Project for Cambrian – a truly mixed-use village that will become the heart of the community.
Cambrian Mixed-Use Village includes:
- Public Open Space – four acres of public open space, including a community plaza and central park with an amphitheater.
- Building 1 – Mixed-use with 305 podium apartments and over 50,000 s.f. of commercial/retail space, organized around a community plaza with underground parking (six stories).
- Building 2 – 229 room hotel with underground parking and outdoor restaurant decks facing the central park (five stories).
- Building 3 – 110 bed assisted senior living facility plus 50 independent living units, all connected to the central park with underground parking (five stories).
- Housing – 25 Townhomes along Union Avenue (three stories) and 48 single-family homes near existing residents (two and three stories), 27 of which have accessory dwelling units (ADUs).
- Dedicated, raised bike lanes along Union and Camden, and 209 bike parking spaces.
Share your thoughts
We appreciate you telling us what you think and sharing your support.
Design Influences – Informed Through Community Conversations
- Creates a bike-friendly and pedestrian-friendly project.
- Incorporates Cambrian Park Plaza’s history into the new development.
- Creates spaces that include public art.
- The intersection of Camden and Union will serve as the project’s most visible and prominent location:
• Features a central promenade.
• Creates unique and spectacular architecture at the promenade.
• Creates a sightline from Camden and Union through to Wyrick Ave.
- Integrates the uses on the site to feel cohesive and pedestrian friendly.
- Creates a mixed-use village with retail on the ground floor and residential above.
- Increases the park and open space.